Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Mastering Reading

It's cliche I know. 
But reading is so under-rated. Especially in today's social-media crazed world. Everywhere you turn people are staring at phones and tablets. Yes of course, they're reading. But really?
Recently I've rejuvenated my love for reading. I had to temporarily move out of my home country to revamp that habit. I hear of great people all the time who commit themselves to reading. Warren Buffet recommends a book a day. Tai Lopez reads a book a day. He gave a TED talk called "Why I read a Book a Day".
I don't know about speed reading but I'm willing to try it out. If you would like to do so to here's a useful resource that you may find useful. I'm going to try it out too. Imagine, if you could read a book a day, how much knowledge and wisdom could you fill you head with. 
I'd love to get to a place when I can read a book a day. But for now my reading goal is to read at least two books a month. 
Reading opens our minds to great ideas. It teaches us mistakes that have been made by others so we can avoid making them. Who was it that said "If I am able to see farther than others, it is because I stand on the shoulders of giants." We all have dreams of better lives. Of better relationships. Better performance. No, we dream of great lives, relationships and performances. But we seem to not know what to do about getting to that place. 
Here's the thing. People have achieved those things. They created for themselves great lives. Or at least people out there, in history and at present, are have beat the odds we current face, and have reached the goals that we also have for ourselves. 
People face all kinds of problem, and wreck their brains thinking of ways to solve or fix them, but all you need to do is read. 
Want to be successful in a particular field of study or calling. Read up on it! The world is full of useful knowledge (and useless knowledge too but let's talk about that later). You need to get out there and read up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment